Monday 28 January 2013


Evaluation question two:


2 - How effective is the combination of your main product (video) and ancillary text (digi-pak and advertisement)?


How well does my ancillary products make clear visual links with my groups music video?
How does the audience recognise them as linked products?



How successful do you think your main and ancillary texts are?

Both the texts highlighted in Red is the 'text' we decided to use for our Digi-Pak and we could then choose how we used them, what colours we would make them depending on the three colours we chose to use as a group and where we placed them.


This is the text on my actual CD


This is the actual text on the outer panel on my front cover


This is my actual track list


These are the quotes I have placed on the inner panel



This is the text on my advertisement



This is the text on my advertisement





This is also text from my advertisement

I personally think the text on my Digi-Pak is very effective, it features the house style that I have tried to follow throughout making my Digi-Pak of white blue and grey. I decided by making the Artist's name a bold blue it would make it stand out and draw the audience's eyes to it, which I think it has successfully done especially on the outer panel front cover and on the actual CD itself. I think the 'Nor-Et-Blanc' text stands out more than the 'Unity Dances' which is why I used that test for my track list however I felt like the 'Unity Dance' text advertised the Album well on the advertisement well, it suited the colours and positioning on the advertisement better than the other 'Nor-et-Blanc'. However critically I think on the advertisement the grey text using front style 'unity dances' could stand out more.



What work influenced me when making my Digi-pak?

This question is answered in the Prezi below:




How have i used elements of real digi-paks?


This is a list of things our teacher said we must include in our Digi-Pak it is a section of things we need to do for our  ancillary to be successful.
Like I mentioned in Evaluation one, "My Digi-Pak uses a clear font and uses appropriate sizes of images and font, with clear images that are appropriate to the shape of the page, I have kept up a house style that I feel is effective and have used it throughout making the Digi-Pak on the inner and outer panels. I have carefully placed the text on the panels so they are reason-able but they do not block any of the images. I have also included a bar code and the right labels and symbols and logos needed, and did not forgot to include the title and artist name." 
By following the Do's and Don't s list I have managed to produce a conventional Digi-Pak which is show below.



This is the outer panel of my Digi-pak



This is the inner panel of my Digi-pak


Examples of real artists Digi-paks and how similar or different my Digi-pak is:







Like Rihanna, Katy Perry's and Madonna's Digi-Pak my main image on the front cover of my album is of my artist and promoting the emotion of the CD, like all of the Digi-paks I have a title and the artists name on the front cover for everyone to know what and who the album is and who it belongs to. Similarly I have a track list and effective images on the inside and outside of the album. I also have a copyright message on the back of the album and bar code and label information and symbols. However differently I have song lyrics on the inner panel on the left of an image of my artist to give a feel of what the album is like. Furthermore unlike these albums my album have a solid white background which could be seen as quite plain compared to some of these digi-paks especially Madonna's album, however i do think however effective her album is the detail on the outer panel could be distracting from who the artist really is. which is something i strongly didn't want to do for my album. It can be seen that my album is most similar to Rihanna's whose album cover is quite simple with a strong effective image of the artist looking down like my main image on my Digi-pak and a title and artist name in text that stands out.


































Do you think your target audience would be attracted to them? why yes?





No comments:

Post a Comment