Wednesday 9 January 2013

Production day 1

As i started to work on the making of my digipak i began to include the basics which involved the solid background colour (black), writing Name of our artist, name of album (where its likely to be placed) and listed the lyrics in the font chosen by or group. I found that step to be a simple way to figure out a suitable placement for each of my chosen images.
However, the image i chose for the front cover shown above was not conventional to be put there as the main focus in this image are her hands and we need our artist's face to be the main focus.....
The solution to this was to paste the image on the back panel beside the lyrics as it looked more effective. The words from our song titles emotionally represents the pose our artist makes in order to relate to her album.
My target is to find a better image for the front cover and to also try to use the same images in colour to whether it still looks effective as black and white. I think this will also enable me to expand on my Photoshop skills.
These screenshots shown aside are the names of my artist and album in different placements on the front cover.  I thought it was interesting to try a range of placements with the names whilst looking at existing albums. I realized that the positioning/placement of the names is dependable to the type of image that is used. (My rule is to place the names accordingly to the images used)

No comments:

Post a Comment